SAMPLE PHONE CALLS TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVE (Choose any bullet point, or all)
“My name is ____________________. I lost my _______________ or (I am a survivor) in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks against our country. Or, I am a constituent. I would like to thank Rep._____________ for their support of the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act – “JASTA”.
- No one country, entity or person should have immunity for providing the material support al Qaeda needed to carry out the murderous attacks.
- I believe that all countries, persons or organizations who support terrorist organizations who attack us here on our homeland should be held accountable.
“My name is_____________. I would like to thank Rep.___________for their support of the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act – JASTA
- In order to defeat ISIS and the threat of another terrorist attack we need strong leadership. However, this strong leadership does not rely solely on the executive branch. Congress did an outstanding job in successfully enacting JASTA.
- It is time we go to the source and be pitiless against the bankers, individuals and countries that invest in terrorism against Americans.
- We must hold accountable the foreign powers and entities that fund the hate-filled terrorists that inflict injury and death on our fellow citizens – no matter who they may be or what country they come from.
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND ASK EACH MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY TO CALL THEIR REPRESENTATIVE TODAY!
You can also make an appointment to meet your Representative in person while they are in their district office. A personal meeting is very effective.
Important to note:
- JASTA is a Victims’ Rights Bill
- JASTA is an Anti-terrorism bill by attacking its funding and support networks
- JASTA costs taxpayers zero
- JASTA requires NO government funding
- JASTA clarifies existing law
- JASTA is for all Americans
- JASTA will make us a safer nation by thwarting future terrorist attacks. Money is a strong deterrent and one we shouldn’t be afraid to use.
JASTA will prevent terrorism financing cases against foreign officials from being subject to the whims of transient political considerations and will instead ensure that they are based upon core principles of justice and the rule of law.